Our 2-day class meets Tuesday/Thursday from 9:30-1:30. Our 3-day classes meet Monday/Wednesday/Thursday from 9:30-1:30. In these classes, there are up to nine children with one teacher and a part-time aide. Students must be three years old by September 1st of the year they enter Covenant UMC Preschool in a three’s class.
We believe in supporting the development of the whole child. Skills developed include, but are not limited to:
- Language: building vocabulary and pre-reading skills through literature, music, and play.
- Literacy: learning about the alphabet through letter of the week and building a word wall.
- Listening: increasing listening skills through circle time, games, and show-and-tell.
- Math: developing an understanding of math concepts through puzzles, games, and play.
- Physical: developing fine motor skills through use of scissors, writing tools, and manipulatives.
- Social/emotional: developing self-reliance and pride by dressing self and doing small tasks.
- Social/emotional: developing social skills such as sharing, taking turns, and problem-solving.
- Spiritual: developing an understanding of God through prayers, Bible stories, songs, and attending Chapel.
Views of two of the 3-Year-Old Classrooms