Our classes of one-year olds meet on Monday/Wednesdays and Tuesday/Thursdays from 9:30-1:30p. In these classes there are four children and one teacher, with a part-time aide. Students must be 12 months of age by September 1st of the year they enter Covenant UMC Preschool.
We believe in supporting the development of the whole child. Skills developed include, but are not limited to:
- Physical: developing gross motor skills through music and movement, games, and outdoor play.
- Physical: developing fine motor skills through art activities with a variety of materials, and through sensory materials such as play-dough and shaving cream.
- Pre-reading: developing vocabulary through teacher modeling, music, and literature.
- Math: introducing numbers, colors, and shapes.
- Social/emotional: introducing concepts of sharing, helping, taking turns, friendship, and feelings.
- Spiritual: developing an understanding of God through prayer, Bible stories, and music.
A View of the One-Year-Old Classroom