- State law prohibits Covenant UMC Preschool from caring for a child who is ill during school hours. If a child exhibits signs of illness and has already been signed in for the day, we will call a parent or guardian to come pick up the child, and we will isolate the child from the other children until he or she is picked up.
- If a child sustains an injury of a minor nature that does not require a doctor’s attention, the teacher or director will administer appropriate first aid. If a serious injury occurs, every effort will be made to contact the parents and/or emergency contact. If needed, a 911 call will be placed.
- Covenant UMC Preschool staff will only administer medications if a child would be endangered without medication and when all the following conditions are met:
- The school must have written instructions from a physician outlining dosage and when the medication should be taken.
- The medication must be in the original container clearly marked with the child’s name. Prescription medications must have the prescription on the container.
- Covenant UMC Preschool must have a permission slip signed by the parent before any medication can be administered.
- Covenant UMC Preschool is a no-nit school. This means children with live lice, live nits, or dead nits must be picked up from school, treated, and have nits manually removed. This policy will be strictly enforced.